Contrast of Givers
There are many things we can give:
How we give is just as important as what we give.
I. The Religious - vs. 10-12
- Gave out of selfishness
He had a misplaced love. He loved himself more than anyone or anything else. Who does the Bible tell us to love?
- God - Luke 10:27
- Neighbor - Luke 10:27
- Enemy - Matthew 5:44
Bible never says to love yourself.
He gave because it benefited him.
II. The Repentant - v. 13
- Gave out of humility
- Receives grace - James 4:6
- Receives forgiveness - Psalm 51:17
- Receives God’s exaltation - James 4:10
III. The Ruler - vs. 18-27
- Gave out of expectancy
- Expected to be noticed
- Expected to be rewarded
- Expected to do it this way - Cain
How many times do we give expecting something or we give because it is expected of us?
IV. The Righteous - vs. 28-30
- Gave out of relationship
- Our motives - We give because He gave.
- Our measure - All
- Our multiplying - v. 30
Awake to Righteousness: Resolutions That Impact
I Corinthians 15:31-34
1. Recommit Your Faithfulness - I Corinthians 4:2
• Faithfulness is a legacy we all can leave.
2. Re-establish Your Priorities - Romans 8:5-7
3. Redefine Your Motivations - I Corinthians 3:18
4. Renew Your Love - Revelation 2:4
5. Rethink Your Actions - James 1:22
6. Resist Your Flesh - Galatians 5:16-17
7. Rejuvenate Your Passions - Proverbs 11:30
8. Recharge Your Labor - I Corinthians 16:15